Another one of muddymusic’s PCB’s.
Everything looks fine with this one until it is coined up then the game starts automatically.
If I enabled test mode by switching switch 3 on DSWA then I could see the start button for Player 1 was stuck on.
I initially thought this was going to be a sticking point as all the inputs go to a custom chip however I found that the trace from the pull up resistor array to the custom was broken somewhere.
There were no visible breaks so it must be under the silkscreen somewhere.
Running a patch wire from pin 2 of the custom chip to the resistor array fixed the issue.
Quite a fun game it is too.
One Response to “Insector X repair log”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Luvit m8 };-P